THE MSHINI BLOG
2020 Mshini year in review
2020 has been a year full of all kinds of different and we were sad to see a few of our customers being forced to close down their businesses. Like you, we’re hopeful and optimistic that 2021 will be a better year for all and that those businesses that are just managing to stay afloat will again find their feet and be stronger and more resilient for it.
Despite the many obstacles, Mshini has continued to experience steady growth throughout the year and we remain extremely grateful to every one of our customers for their ongoing support.
Some BIG improvements this year:
- All sites were upgraded to PHP 7.4.
- There’s a fresh coat of paint on our website and control panel.
- We released a new FTP tool which lets you securely enable FTP from within the control panel.
- The restore tool received a big update making it more efficient and now gives you the choice of restore options by date and type.
- We grew and improved our infrastructure by adding additional servers and upgrading some existing servers to use solid state disks (SSDs).
- Finally, we’re helping to make your sites more secure by having just launched vulnerability reports for your sites within the control panel.
We look forward to another year packed with improvements and the same friendly and knowledgeable support that you’ve become accustomed to.
From the Mshini team, we wish you a wonderful festive season and a prosperous new year!
New and improved look of the Mshini customer control panel:
The updated site restore tool:
Comprehensive site vulnerability reports at your fingertips:
WHAT YOU GET WITH MSHINI
The fastest WordPress hosting in South Africa. A toolset that will make maintaining your WordPress site the pleasure it ought to be. Friendly and efficient service from WordPress experts. We're committed to enhancing your WordPress experience and raising your expectations.
Local hosting means reduced latency and quicker response times for visitors to your site.
Our technologically advanced software stack delivers superior WordPress performance.
Server Side Caching
No need for caching plugins with hundreds of settings. Your site will load really, really fast!
Scheduled and on-demand backups of your content are stored in secure off-site vaults.
Clone your live site to a staging site with 1-click to test plugins, themes and custom code.
Daily malware scans secure your website and give you an edge over spam and hackers.
Free Let's Encrypt SSL
Install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for your website with 1-click in your control panel.
Our friendly South African WordPress experts will help resolve any hosting issues.
Choose to have your WordPress core files, plugins and themes automatically updated.
We scan your WordPress core files, plugins and themes for known vulnerabilities.
Free Site Migrations
Free site migrations to a Mshini staging environment without impacting your live site.
Restore your live site from the most recent backup with 1-click in your customer control panel.